Legislative action and support in Annapolis..we are your voice!
Educational opportunities and access...we are your resource!
Professional and social networking...we are your connection!
Members support Members...we do business with other members!
The Mission of the Maryland Mortgage Bankers and Brokers Association is:
- To promote and provide educational opportunities for our members;
- To influence the legislative process by educating lawmakers on matters affecting real estate ownership;
- To encourage the practice of professionalism, honesty and integrity in the mortgage; banking industry as guided by our Canon of Ethics;
- To provide a forum for an exchange of information among peers;
- To promote fellowship and goodwill among members.
Why Join MMBBA?
- MMBBA serves as an Advocate for the Mortgage Banking Industry
- MMBBA provides a professional lobbyist skilled in the legislative process
- MMBBA helps to keep members connected with those involved in the mortgage lending industry
- MMBBA provides useful and informative high quality Continuing Education Programs
- MMBBA provides networking events with industry leaders
MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Professional networking
- Access to online company and individual member directories
- Member pricing for social and education events
- Access to member only activities
- Legislative representation in Annapolis, we are your voice!
- Participation on our many committees
- Sponsorship opportunities through our annual sponsorship program, Conference and other events throughout the year
- Access to reduced pricing for MBA education activities
- We represent you at the national level, through our partnership with MBA
- We advocate for members doing business with members
- Strong support of the MMBBA PAC
State Exam Assistance
MMBBA Members can now take advantage of a money-saving ‘Pre-Exam Loan File Review Program’ that will help them prevent issues when audited by the Office of the Commissioner of Financial Regulation. In an agreement with Steve Lovejoy’s law firm of Shumaker Williams, MMBBA members may participate in a mortgage document file review program for a significantly discounted cost of only $100 per file (normally $150).
Former Assistant Commissioner from the Maryland Office of Financial Regulation, George Kinsel, with his vast knowledge and 33 years’ experience in auditing mortgage files, will conduct the review of loan files for compliance for both Maryland and Federal law. His reviews will not be in the nature of legal advice. However, Steve Lovejoy has offered to “back up” any issues which George identifies. If legal issues arise necessitating creating or amending loan document forms or researching a novel issue of law, Shumaker Williams lawyers will be involved in resolving those matters, but at a reduced MMBBA Member rate. This new MMBBA member-benefit program does not include having Mr. Kinsel’s physical attendance at an exam, but he will be available to do so for only $100 per hour (portal to portal) which is a 50% discount to MMBBA members. Only MMBBA members may avail themselves of this offer.
To take advantage of the program, a broker/owner/manager must first contact MMBBA so that membership status can be confirmed. MMBBA will then advise Shumaker Williams that the member will be contacting him for the loan file review program at the MMBBA Member discount rate.